Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I already do. As I said, I don't doubt your intentions, but what I know now is not what I first thought. My views have changed, and I'm trying, but apparently failing, to express that.
Never said that you didn't, just pointing out that you should.

Look, I think it's becoming exceedingly clear that you don't understand what the situation looked like in my eyes to start with, probably because I haven't described it adequately enough. I'm not up to going into any in depth analysis right now, and I need to get a walk, but what's critical to know is that at first, I didn't know that I had misunderstood you, and I thought that you had misunderstood me.
An important thing to note is that you started the meta-discussion side of it off with a tone implying that I wasn't clear enough, therefore it was my fault that you misunderstood. And you haven't said anything to reverse that stance. Misunderstandings happen, regardless of how clear you have been. It's important to resolve them, rather than argue about them.

And, even if you think someone has misunderstood you, it is still not advisable to insist that they have done the exact opposite of what they have just said they have done. Approach it from an angle of trying to resolve a misunderstanding, not to simply contradict what they have said.

I appreciate that you're trying to educate me in how to make a discussion less error-prone, but if someone had told me these things during the discussion as it were, they just wouldn't have made any sense in my ears, because they don't fit into the situation as I percieved it back then.
And yes, this is an important part to remember. I'm not telling you off, but breaking down where things were misinterpreted and how they can be better interpreted.