I've been playing around with the idea of playing a character with the Warchanter(CW) prestige class for a little while now, and I was hoping to find some input on which of these characters would be more effective or if there's anything I'm overlooking in these characters. I was planning on taking a level or two in Bard, then swapping over for a few levels of another class before swapping into the Warchanter. I'm not looking for an incredibly optimized character, but something playable would be nice.

I've been tinkering around with a Bard/Hexblade a little bit, for a Warchanter who would be focusing on buffing allies and self while debuffing enemies. I've also been looking into Bard/Marshal, for a more buff-based character. However, I'm a bit worried about the lack of BAB in that scenario--Warchanter is a combat class, and I don't want to be relegated to the background while everyone else has all of the fun.

There's no specific campaign/party/game that I'm currently looking to start him off in, but I like to have some character concepts ready if I need one to go. Most of my games start around level 5, so I don't need to be in Warchanter already. I'm just curious about which you all think would be the better building blocks.

Cheers!