View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Only shadow strike benefits from melee boosts. Electric slash and shadow strike both benefit from N7 training though. Your choice boils down to boosting both powers or really, really boosting Shadow strike. Although that 5/5/5/5/6 thing might work out.
    Eh, works for me. Electric Slash is more than powerful enough as-is, and I'd lose more power from dropping the rank 6 evolutions (50% on both) than I'd gain from taking 5 ranks in her class talent (35%).

I found that shadow strike maxed out at around 1500, despite having the numbers to hit 2200 damage. So dropping damage isn't so bad.
    Hm, odd, but good to know.

Personally, I love the shadow strike heal because it turns you into a vanguard if you've got the right target. Keeps you alive sometimes.
    Yeah, but the availability of shielded targets is going to vary. The Reapers in particular only have Marauders and Banshees in that respect. The rank 4 defensive evolution works all the time, and costs less damage.

The disciple's benefit is that you can get all four shots out by the time you're maybe dripping your second Eviscerator shot. It's also light enough to bring the omniblade along, netting you an additional damage boost got a total of +50% melee damage. Brutal on the shadow.
    I'm only getting something like 170% with my Disciple at 7. No way I'd add a mod that'll increase the weight, even at rank 10, when there's a version that does the same thing (albeit weaker) without that downside. (Also, I don't have that mod anyway.)

Question though - does Shadow Strike count for the Martial Artist effect from rank 5 of Fitness, or only actual melee? If the latter, I'd probably drop that when respecing in favor of the shield recharge boost. I'm actually thinking that getting the Shadow as much shield recharge reduction as possible may be a great way to go, to try and make it so that she starts recharging shields while doing Shadow Strike. (Unfortunately I only have one rank in the shield recharge gear...)

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-18 at 06:43 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis