Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Wow. I must say, that is your best drawing yet. The shading is great. Especially those pipes/tubes for the breathing apparatus. Hats off to you.
Thanks. Interesting, because I think the tubes were the worst (and hardest) part. The original is a really good reference image for the shading, very clear and a large amount of contrast over the whole thing.

Question, have you considered putting some white highlights in your ponies' eyes? I know you are doing the speed draw but the highlights would probably only take a minute or so to add and it would give the black part of the eyes more substance.
I agree with this. Any ponies I draw without them tend to come out looking insane. Yours seem to not go quite that far, but, it adds a lot to add them.

C-12, 13, or "Look Ma, I drew something two days in a row!"

Spoiler
Show
C-12,

Did another prompt, Tiki Snakes' Autumn personification, humanish and pony.

Spoiler
Show

Link

The actually mental shenanigans which led to this were odd to say the least. I went with autumn wreaths since leaf hair was already done by Diego Havoc. If I had been thinking I would have interwoven the branches with the mane and tail. OH WELL.
A rushed color job to finish a rushed doodle. The coloring still took about one hour and thirty minutes.
I left the lineart on a separate layer for this one as like I did with the CMC picture, as opposed to the ones from before where I merged all the layers after I was finished with the base colors, then added shading and other such things. Not too sure if it is better or not. I guess the other way makes a softer image, like with the dryad, squirrel and Twi and Dash pic. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

C-13,

First an explanation.

Spoiler
Show

Link

Then a doodle. 30 Minutes.

Spoiler
Show

Link
The branches in the hair work well I think. One issue is the positioning of the pony on the shoulders; either it is about to slide down, fall off, or the human is pulling down on the legs really hard. Or the pony is just using its wings, in which case it seems an odd position to be in. Also, center of gravity on the girl might be off, its hard to tell. The colouring does look pretty good to my eyes though. And the griffin is charming.

Oh, and the pony's tail doesn't actually appear to be attached to its body at all.

----

Day 147:

Early, since I'm home sick from work.
Spoiler
Show
Time: 35 minutes?
Music: Pony