Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
Spoiler
Show
"I'll do it myself, then. Thank you," Kim said one last time. "You are... You are a good friend, Erin. I'm glad you came. I'm gonna be better."
She would be, once she'd managed to bandage those claw marks and sneak up in her room... If she managed to do it.
She said good-bye to Erin as the taxi dropped her a street or so away from her house, and took a deep breath, preparing herself for the final trial of the day.

Kim’s attempts to sneak back into her house did not work quite as well as she thought. Everything was going fine, until she bumped into a chair and sent it clattering to the ground. Her parents were out in short order, and ready to reprimand before they spotted the wounds she was trying to cover up

“Oh my god,” Her mother gasped, “What happened to you? What have you been out doing?”

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
Erin
Spoiler
Show

"Don't hesitate to call me if you need help, or if you just need to talk. Don't think of it as bothering me, odds are I'll need you to return the favor in the near future," Erin said, waiting a few minutes in front of Kim's house to make sure everything was fine.
Erin had a dream.

In it she and a party of explorers were climbing a mountain somewhere far away, a craggy mess of rock and half-worn stone passages. As they ascended the mount in the dark of night they came to the ruins of a monastery and passed under the great arch of the ruined building, entering the courtyard, lone torches illuminating broken stone frozen ground.

They can see the stairs of the building encircling it, leading to three separate archways. Set above each is a symbol. The first, a sun. The second, a moon. The third is a combination of both, a globe with one side throwing off light at the other smooth and dark.

Nobody was speaking, but it felt like the message comes across clear enough: Where to?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
Spoiler
Show
"Hello", Shirley replies, "Name's Shirley. I'm... fairly new at this thing, and haven't got around to making myself a fancy callsign yet, so, just Shirley. I'm a Seeker - and you... a Champion, right? Well, that's not a great feat of deduction, to be honest..."
“Hello, just Shirley. I’m just Megan. That’s right.” The girl offered a small smile, looking down at her book for a second more. She seems to realize her company might want to talk more shortly, and she asks, “You can come and sit.”

Beside the book was what appeared to be a stuffed animal, a ratty looking miniature zebra with a pattern of black and white stars across it. A warbly voice echoed from it:

“Hello Spaceboy, you’re sleepy now.
Your silhouette is so stationary.”

Megan smiled. “Don’t worry about a name. You’ll think of something. They’re kind of stupid anyway, right? It’s like you’re in a comic book or something.”