Thread: Nexus Character Directory

1. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Sonozaki Yuki

Spoiler
    Show
    Alias: N/A
    Race/Species: Human (modified with grafts)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, leaning heavily towards good.
    Class/Profession: Xenoalchemist, Doctor
    Power Rating: Quinsar 4, Neon Knight Rank C-

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yuki appears to be a dark-haired human male around 16 years of age. His typical attire consists of a white suit and pants, with white gloves, occasionally wearing a bowler hat when outside. He also tends to carry around a medium-sized haversack of a soft white polymer base.

Personality:
    Yuki tends to be polite and helpful, and enjoys the feeling of having made someone smile. Strangely, for someone who enjoys helping others, he can get rather embarrassed at any praise beyond a simple "thank you". He is curious, and rather optimistic about the world, trying to see the best in people. He isn't completely sane, though, and will occasionally make odd connections to things completely irrelevant, or contradict himself with his words and actions.

Equipment:
    • A reinforced monomolecular scalpel, with supernatural enhancements. Can remove most diseases and ailments, as well as cut through most normal materials and (with a fairly significant life force sacrifice) metaphysical things like quantum strings and the space between letters.
    • A hammerspace haversack, with a vast assortment of various medical tools, ranging from archaic (poultices, herbs, leeches, etc) to highly advanced (MRI scanners, defibrillators, tricorders, etc).

Abilities:
    • Intimate knowledge of nearly all non-unique anatomies.
    • Can cut parts off of beings and graft them onto others, retaining most of the functionality of the original.
    • High dexterity and reaction times.
    Grafts
    • Offensive Abilities: single tentacle, angel's magical core (allows for minor spellcasting)
    • Defensive Abilities: rapid healing, immunity to most diseases and ailments
    • Sensory Abilities: enhanced base senses, sense magic
    • Other Abilities: winged flight

Backstory:
    During the exploration of an ancient magic item storage facility, Yuki tripped and fell into a well of many worlds, which brought him into the Nexus. Painfully.

Miscellaneous: To be added when needed

Cerise Mendar

Spoiler
    Show
    Alias: Li'l Cherry, the Timid Killer
    Race/Species: Ghost
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Class/Profession: Soulknife/Soulbow, Assassin
    Power Rating: Quinsar 6, Neon Knight Rank B+

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cerise is a young girl with long hair of a faint turquoise shade. A gown of pale blue covers her translucent body, and her pale grey eyes speak of untold horrors, both done by the hands of others and by her own hands.

Personality:
    Cerise is a shy and often nervous child, stuttering and blushing at even the slightest teasing. Not confident in her own abilities beyond her chosen profession of killing, she often belittles herself, and can be rather apathetic to the suffering of others. This personality clashes strongly with her chosen profession. However, she does finds a perverse joy in death and killing others, but does not do so recklessly, only when paid, or when necessary for survival.

Equipment:
    • An ethereal box containing various incorporeal equipment.
    • A glass cup that can be touched by incorporeals like Cerise.
    Abilities:
    • Flight
    • Incorporeality
    • Can manifest a pale green blade of pure soul energy, the power of which fluctuates with her emotions.
    • Skilled swordfighter and tactician
    • Telekinesis

Backstory: She was killed and reformed as a ghost in a powerful magical location, giving her the ability to manipulate the material world more readily than normal ghosts. However, this also forces her to concentrate completely when she wishes to go entirely immaterial, making it nigh impossible to do anything other than move and talk.

Kagamine Hikari/Kagamine Sayuri

Spoiler
    Show
    Dual souls in one body

Alias: None
    Race/Species: Human/Human
    Alignment: Neutral Good/Neutral Evil
    Class/Profession: Magical Girl/Dark Magical Girl
    Power Rating: Quinsar 4, Neon Knight C+

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hikari/Sayuri appears to be a normal girl, with long black hair in two ponytails, and a dark grey cloak. Under this, she is rather thin and frail, with only a homespun tunic and pants to protect her from the elements. When Hikari is in control, her eyes are a deep, warm brown, burning with determination. However, when Sayuri has taken over, they turn a light crystal blue, and twinkle with malicious merriment.

Personality:
    Hikari is a kind person, always

Equipment:

Abilities:

Backstory: WIP

Furude Setsuna

Spoiler
    Show
    Alias: None
    Race/Species: Faerie Human
    Alignment: CN
    Class/Profession: Sorcerer/Shadowcraft Mage
    Power Rating:

Description: At first glance, Setsuna appears simply to be a cute little girl, no more than twelve years of age, with long blue hair and sparkling violet eyes. Her clothes consist of a modified blue and white gothic lolita dress, designed more for mobility than appearance, although it still has quite a few frills and adornments.

The most prominent of these is an old blue ribbon, maintained by magic, tied in a bow across her chest. The only other possessions easily visible are a dark violet umbrella, carried tightly in her left hand, and a deceptively small pouch at her waist. Beside her floats a glowing orb of light, slowly pulsing with golden waves.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "She wasn't discouraged nor did she cry at her fate.
    She was beautiful.

She didn't fawn anyone and fought them all by herself.
    She was noble.

She shined brightly, like a divine figure.
    I needed someone like her."

Setsuna wields her unnaturally short stature and the resulting cuteness to devastating effect in social situations, endearing herself where needed, smiling at all the right moments, appearing vulnerable when it would be beneficial to her. She builds up a reputation as an innocent, occasionally insightful girl who means no harm to anyone. This is her public persona.

"The frog in the well was happy.
    It wasn't interested what was outside the well.

The frog in the well was happy.
    It was recluse to anything that happened outside the well.

And you were happy.
    Because you didn't know what occurred outside the well."

Setsuna is a dark, powerful figure, never failing, never caught. She may not have any dedicated followers of her own, but she can create as many as she needs to, and they are utterly loyal. She will send her shadowy children to do any job, no questions asked, provided that she is paid well. This is her shadow persona.

Which is her true self? But that is not the question you should ask... Perhaps the better one would be, are any of them true? And if they aren't, who is? Who is Furude Setsuna?

"At the first time, I do my best to try again
    against the inevitable tragedy.

In the second time, I become disgusted
    towards the inevitable tragedy.

The third time, disgust is overwhelmed into painfulness.
    But by the seventh time, this all becomes a farce comedy."

Setsuna is a broken child, fighting her way through life, clinging to any hope of acknowledgement, even as each breaks away from her.

Her mother figure, the one who named her and gave her magic, is an unknown entity, perhaps even just a figment of her dreams.

Her father figure, who taught her to use her gifts, left seeking a lost treasure of the gods, and she never saw him again.

Her childhood friend, who gave her a brief taste of innocent happiness, journeyed away on a quest to avenge his village and family with her blessing and a blue ribbon, never to return to her.

And her senpai, the one who has given her so much love and care and hope, was exiled from their quest, leaving her alone.

And yet through this agony, she fights. For a better life. For a miracle. A This is her true persona.

Equipment:
    Abilities:

This sheet, as modified by plot/common sense/fun.

Backstory:
    Fragments of Memory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Birth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The first thing I remember is a dream. Or at least, I think it was a dream. The time was midnight, and I was lying under a tree, staring at the stars. The ground around me was covered in small shining dewdrops, and strange, bird-like shapes flitted across the deep violet sky. A surreal sight, even more so considering it was my first ever perception of the world. And then a figure came up to me, a tall, incomprehensibly beautiful woman."

"She asked for my name. I told her I didn't have a name. She giggled, and said that everyone had a name. I told her again, I didn't have a name. Then she waved her hand, trailing sparks, across my face. She leaned in close, and said to me: 'Then if you truly have no name, I shall name you. From this moment forth, you are Furude Setsuna.' I blinked at her. A name for me? Furude... Setsuna... I rolled the words across my tongue, savoring the newfound feeling of identity. The woman, whom I am convinced was my mother, smiled at me, and then told me to wake up. I did."

Light:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I lived in a box in an alley, searching for scraps of food to survive, drinking rainwater gathered in a tin pail. There were a few generous souls who would toss me a few coins or give me a slice of bread or two. But these were few and far between. It was a brutal life, filled with hardship and the ever-present gnawing of hunger."

"But then came my first salvation. A fallen archon came to me, dropping from the sky into my hands. His name was Hakkera. He came to me badly injured, having escaped from... something. I know not what it was. I triggered my magic for the first time, and, in a burst of power, infused his being with the shadows that would become my eternal companions. He told me that I had a gift, a wonderful gift to be nurtured into a blazing fire within me. He told me that he would help me do so. He did."

Meetings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I ventured forth from my alley, to explore the city and its wonders. I found, on the outskirts, a small orphanage, and I took to watching its inhabitants, wondering how they lived, with scheduled food and water and shelter. After a while, I noticed that one of them seemed to be secluded from the rest. No, not secluded. Shunned. I didn't know why."

"So one day, when I saw him all alone, I hopped the tall stone wall and introduced myself. His name was Rix, and he was a gypsy. And for some reason, that made him less likable than the others. I disagree. He was a very nice boy, and I grew to know him very well. I visited him nearly daily, and for a time, I felt like I had a purpose in life."

"But... all good things must come to an end, and so did this. He told me about how his people were killed, and his desire for vengeance. I supported this, and wanted to help. But he refused adamantly. In the end, I gave him half of my blue ribbon to remember me by, making him promise to return to me. He never did."

Exile:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "When senpai left me, I really didn't know what to do for a long time. I wandered around, working, trying to keep my mind off of her. It... it was difficult. I did everything I could to find her, using divinations, my various contacts, even petitioning some of the lesser demigods to help. But none of it worked... None of it! For the first time since I had met her, I began to drift back into my shadow persona, my dark side. Even now it threatens to over take me... I don't know how much longer I can keep this up... I have to find her... I... need... to..."

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=835
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-05-02 at 07:43 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.