View Single Post

Thread: Martial Arts in the Playground

1. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Martial Arts in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    @suius

you are aware, I hope, that any point of view mentioning even only laterally "deadliest warrior" as a worthy source of information instantly loses credibility, right?
    In fairness, I very much doubt that deadliest warrior is what SiuiS had in mind. Probably just used that title because it was the first one to come to mind.

More likely he was thinking of fight science, or one of those other nat' geo or discovery network shows.

There's exactly zero travel for the hosts of Deadliest Warrior.

You do have a point though. Entertaining as it is, Deadliest Warrior is -not- good science on a number of levels. From using base-line human averages for calculations in reaction speed and general movement to "experts" that clearly know everything about their weapons except how to properly wield them (with a few exceptions), they've got more than a few holes in their number crunching.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-11-22 at 07:11 AM.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign