Gabriel stepped forward, lavendar eyes hard as stone and his face an impassive mask. Across his back was a gigantic hammer, carved with sigils and runes of Imperial prayers and cants. In one hand, he carried a well-made chainsword, in the other he held a censure with incense. The aquila pendant on his chest shined, the emergency lights flashing off of the polished surface.

He inclined his head slightly towards the officer, then spoke. "An excellent decision, but least you misunderstand this parlay, let me be clear. I am here on behalf of the Lord Inquisitor Theocles; not at your beck and call. You are here to prove to me that you have not reneged on your oaths to the Emperor. If I am dissatisfied, the lives of you and your men are forfeit. This should not be anything you do not already expect.

Explain your attack on our ship, as well as the failure to adhere to standard communication protocols for the last 1.7 years. Additionally, I require an explanation of why your Magus is currently directing the use of Imperial Guard troops, contrary to Imperial Codices and Standards."

--------------------------------------------------

Lor acknowledged the transmission with a single click, then a thought percolated up. "P, to be clear, am I to deal with the tech priest, or simply target him?"

Spoiler
Show
Be specific, Bob! Else you'll end up with a Mechanicus Deadicus.