Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
you need my dnd dm: playgrounders, i give you:

the sadist: a dm so obviously enjoying in the suffering and torment of his players must be slightly nuts. he's the kind of guy of combining the tomb of horrors with a level one party of commoners, homebrewed freaks of nature making cthulu bow in shame, and adding 10 levels of traps. on every trap. with more traps on top of that. punishment for failing? he takes your character sheet and rips it in front of your eyes. he doesn't want you to die. he wants to shame and scorn you so bad you spontaneously combust. if (spartan if) you survive, you will reap massive benefits and (maybe) his approval. be ready for round two though.
stockholm syndrome tends to develop, however... you get used to it, i swear he's a good dm
That's not how you win as a GM! The GM wins when the PCs kill each other. Or when the mention of certain NPCs causes shudders. When the players leave a session scratching their heads because of pure mindscrew, then you have won. Getting characters to care about an NPC, and savagely ripping him to shreds. Killing a character is easy, killing part of players soul is where the action is at.