This is probably my favourite Paladin fix, out of those that I have seen. It still has the feel of the core class, whereas most paladin fixes are a mishmash of holy type abilities with absolutely no resemblance to the class being fixed.

The Lay on Hands fix is excellent, making it useful for more than just hitpoints. Smite being more similar to Barbarian Rage is also handy. One thing I would suggest on the smite is to allow the Paladin to concentrate his holy energy into a single strike, using up all the rounds remaining on his smite to do a "super" attack. It would give him some more options based on his circumstances, if he needs some nova damage or if he wants to keep up a sustained battle.

Magnificent job with the mount. With environmental movement and huge speed boosts, it actually becomes useful to the Paladin for more than just looking pretty.

Another suggestion I would make is regarding the Vancian system. I think the Paladin would be more suited as a spontaneous spellcaster than a Vancian one.

I also noticed that you have no proficiencies listed. I assume they are the same as the base Paladin? As well, Battle Blessing is listed on the table as an 8th level ability, but I can't locate it in the text.

Great job on this Paladin fix. Keep up the good work, my friend.