OK, I think I'm going to lock this thread here. It's been a good conversation, but it's drifting off-topic with talking about the ethics of vaccination and such. And let's be honest, it's been in violation of the board's Morally Justified prohibition since like the first page. I've totally been complicit in that, but it does mean that eventually it was going to need to be locked. And since I need to go to sleep and won't be monitoring the conversation anymore, now is the time to do so.

However, I want to take a moment to commemorate the fact that, despite this extremely volatile subject matter, I thought everyone engaging in the debate kept a civil tone and avoided all the usual pitfalls. We spend so much time telling people how they failed to follow the rules around here that I think it's only fair to mention it when everyone does a good job. Well, excepting the Morally Justified rule, obviously, but that's more of a guideline anyway, and being the site owner lets me skirt a guideline now and then.

Thread locked.