View Single Post

Thread: Homebrew Legacy Weapons!

1. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Homebrew Legacy Weapons!

Since Ebon Iron hasn't created yet, do you mind terribly if I go ahead and make this as a Special Material. I'm not sure you really want a material that emits smoke just because it is moved (if unsheathing a weapon of ebon iron is enough to make it smoke, the wielder better not need to breathe). Also, I have no clue about pricing. Gaining 20% miss chance seems to me that this should be pretty expensive. I doubled the cost for cold iron for this.

What do you think?

Ebon Iron

Ebon iron is a rare metal that is inky black and has no sheen. Unlike most metals, it makes no sound when it hits an object. It emits a trail heavy smoke that fills a five-foot sqaure in one round whenever it is violently moved. The smoke disapates in one round once it stops moving. Simply carrying it does not cause it to emit smoke, however, throwing it or using it in combat would cause it to emit smoke.

A character who breathes heavy smoke must make a Fortitude save each round (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or spend that round choking and coughing. A character who chokes for 2 consecutive rounds takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. Smoke obscures vision, giving concealment (20% miss chance) to characters within it.

Items without metal parts cannot be made from ebon iron. An arrow could be made of ebon iron, but a quarterstaff could not.

Weapons made of ebon iron cost four times as much to make as their normal counterparts. Also, adding any magical enhancements to an ebon iron weapon increases its price by 4,000 gp. This increase is applied the first time the item is enhanced, not once per ability added. A double weapon with one ebon iron half costs 100% more than normal.

HP/inch 30; Hardness 10; Cost Weapons x4 normal. Add magic enhancement +4,000 gp.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-22 at 08:17 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread