Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
Arvadraa returns the hug with a nuzzle atop, ignoring Stellar's mock gagging motions. "I don't expect anypony in your position to make those kinds of connections overnight, Flare. It does take time. But we'll be here for you when you need us every step of the way."

Stellar smirks. "You're not getting out of having to give out presents just by charming us out of our horseshoes, you know."

Arvadraa returns the grin. "Oh, I know. Think of the good cheer like another, immaterial present."
"See, that's what I like 'bout ya, 'Vadraa! Ya're always so kind!"

Flare was taken aback. "An... obligatory transfer of gifts?"

"Yep! It's a tradition! Ya give each other nice things to show yar genrosity! 'N it gets other ponies to show genrosity right back at ya." Blades chuckled and continued nuzzling Arvadraa.

"...I see. However, I still am unsure. Does generosity really mean as much if it is obligatory?"

"Well... Girls, can ya help out a bit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
"Mmhmm. I'm still not judging you, but I'm going to take this moment to point out that social exploration is one of the main prerogatives and, in fact, benefits of this particular celebration and those like it. What you're doing is important, but you're doing it so that other ponies can securely do the things you aren't, or so I assume. Another question - did you stay on the force around this time of year back home, too? Bearing in mind that there's still no judgment to be found from me."
"Back home, we do not put the same emphasis on these events as you do. We appreciate our unity in quieter ways, and do not expect rogues and scoundrels to take the day off to party."

Blueshield paused for a bit, then added, "In any case, there was little else to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
"Well, glad we're not the only one here freezing our hooves off!" Lemongrass called out cheerily, followed closely behind by a scowling Tyrol. Both were in their winter guard outfit. Which mostly consists of a thick woollen sweater underneath their guard armour, with earmuffs to protect their ears.

Tyrol rolled his eyes. "Lemongrass, we're supposed to be on duty, not talking to mares."

Lemongrass shrugged. "Capt'n said nothing about not talking to citizens now."

"Yeah well. If Stormcloak raises a fuss about this, I'm going to say it's all your fault."

The pegasus guard cheerily ignored the comments of his compatriot. "So, ladies, what are you doing out here?"
Blueshield flattened her ears at the word "citizen", seeing as it was not an apt description of her, but said nothing about it.

"The same thing as you are. Keeping watch for potential troublemakers."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
"We can remain outside and still keep warm. I believe I saw..." He looks around, and then points at a pair near the tree in the town square. "My father can provide warmth and conversation, and it appears as though he and my mother are not busy, so we can presumably take him wherever we wish to go."
Night Jewel nodded. "Excellent. Normally I'd question dragging him along everywhere, but if he's got a heat spell, I'm fine with that."

She let him lead the way. She felt it would be a little awkward to ask Taylor herself, and she was still somewhat nervous around paladins.