Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
I know right? We somehow just hit 5 F.
I think we're somewhere between 0 and 3 right now. Haven't been outside since 7 am.

Snow doesn't necessarily mean it'll get colder, but I understand your defeat.
Yeah, we're just trading one kind of crappy weather for another. Just don't mess up Friday, Ms. Nature, ok? We're going downtown to see Phantom of the Opera then and I'd really rather not have to drive in downtown Chicago when it's snowing...

Ha, that reminds me. We passed a church on the way to work today and if I'd had time I would've gotten a picture. Their sign outside read: "To whomever is praying for snow: Please stop."

Should be! And it's definitely not a DIY thing. I also should have said chemically reacted, it's weird what they're going to do.
Weird, but potentially interesting.

Odd indeed. The fact that there is a rural, central Illinois confused me for a minute, then I remembered Illinois isn't like Indiana or Ohio and that the biggest city isn't the capital, and the capital isn't in the center of the State.
Yup. Springfield is about as small as you can get and still be considered "urban," 150,000 people at best if I remember right. The only reason Chicago isn't the state capital is because it's not in the center of the state.