1. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Giants and Graveyards: Grod's collected 3.5 revisions

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Chewy View Post
    You mentioned that you where taking suggestions for uncommon races; Could you by chance find a Drow?
    Yeah, they're probably iconic enough. +2 Int, racial skills in hide and intimidate, weapon familiarity in darkness as an SLA 1/day, a bonus to saves verses spells...

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I would have liked to get the Mountain Movement ability in there (jump from standing as if you had a running start) and make Sense Motive a racial skill instead of Jump, but I was afraid Powerful Build alone was already pushing it for a LA+0.
    Hey, give 'em Leap of the Heavens as a racial bonus feat. BOOM, LA+0 goliaths. (We're trading a useful active ability for an extra-useful passive; seems alright to me). Probably drop the weapon familiarity, to be a little safer.

What if they gain something along the lines of Zhentarim Fighter benefits as a racial feature? They already get intimidate as a race skill, maybe let them intimidate an enemy as a swift action in combat?
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by NotScaryBats View Post
    Oh, okay. You basically said 'these spells make random encounters not a thing, and I think random encounters are lame, so I don't care that these spells make random encounters not a thing'

I didn't realize you meant all that other stuff. In light of that, yeah those spells aren't really an issue.
    I should probably edit the original post.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2014-02-04 at 03:19 PM.

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.