View Single Post

Thread: Robocop remake

1. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Robocop remake

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    It seems more like a cynical bid to cash on on 80ies nostalgia than that the people who loved these movies as teens really want to remake them themselves.
    Except that they aren't cynical cash-ins. If they were going for nostalgia, they'd make movies exactly the same, or they'd simply re-release the original remastered or in 3D - like with Jurassic Park last year - and then you wouldn't need a remake. I think the best remake so far that I've seen is Dredd, but, that's mostly because the original was kind of terrible.

The other thing people seem to 'forget', does anyone even remember Robocop II and III, which were basically made for kids? People seem to forget that those movies happened.

Compared to what 2014-ocop could have been, it's pretty much a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    But that's my point, because it seems that none of us that actuallly SAW them WANTS them remade.
    That was the point I made earlier. 2014-ocop is not for you. It's for 12-17 year-olds in 2014. Not for people who were 16 in 1987. As far as I'm concerned, 2014-ocop is a remake done exactly correctly.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2014-02-13 at 05:40 AM.
    Steam Name: Cheesegear
    League of Legends Name: Cheesegear
    You can fight like a krogan or run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome