View Single Post

Thread: Pirates of the Sword Coast IC

1. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Pirates of the Sword Coast IC

A warm emptiness flows through the chained and bridled man. Though his skin is dark, it is still just possible to see the bruises on his body, his clothes little more than a red scarf, a necklace of beads, and a pair of shark-leather pants. His cell is small, but it doesn't bother him, as his mind is far away, reveling in the embrace of the spirits he worships and asks favors of.
    Even though his mind is far away, he can still feel his body, though it is hard. He had never communed this long before, and he could feel the connections to his real self fading. He had even almost forgotten his name. Jojimbali. That is my name.
    Through this fading connection, the man, Jojimbali could hear snatches of a voice.
    "Tomorrow...die....magistrate will be here...trample those bastards...wring their necks...Godshadow, and she's...I say we live...after. What say you?"
    Survival. The burning need to last beyond the next day flowed through Jojimbali, as his mind snapped back to his body, perhaps faster than was safe, and he could feel the sorrow of the spirits he had abandoned with little warning.
    The pain and soreness he had been avoiding returns in a flash, and Jojimbali gives out a groan of pain, garbled by the bit in his mouth. Respond. She needs to know you're in.
    "Grmphh mphmm hmmph!" Jojimbali forces noises past the metal in his mouth. Though they make little sense, he hopes they would be taken for assent.
    Last edited by Recalcitrent; 2014-02-18 at 03:14 AM.

Spoiler: Torinn Yarjerit
    Show

My 5e Dragonborn Barbarian. All credit for this drawing goes to Meltheim!