Quote Originally Posted by Argiwald View Post
Designer: Hey, bud how ya doing?

Artist: Good, good, just stinking up the place you know, same old same.

Designer: Sweet, hey, turns out I was just talking to what’s his face over at the giant ITP and he says they were thinking about making a new comic strip to partner up with the OOTS.
[...]
I like Erfworld but that was brilliant.

I hope this is not interpreted as a flame. This thread is sort of a cultural shock for me, I never expected people to voice so strongly and in such depth their dislike for the comic. Not only that, that they would feel so passionate about not liking it, that they would follow the thread and argue about it. Quite an achievement for the authors of the strip, they already have "haters". There are some likers, but no real lovers yet.

I'm one of the likers but i don't feel yet the urge for such a passionate stance. I'm in waiting mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliquid View Post
As opposed to some other people on the boards.... who appear to take themselves waaay too seriously.

Not to mention the huge egos. "I don't like the comic, therefore it won't do well." It is quite amusing that these people think their opinion actually makes a difference, or that anyone should care.

Constructive criticism is handy, explanations of why you like the comic is handy. Otherwise it is just a bunch of words on a screen wasting bandwidth.
As long as the authors of the strip don't give up because of that, I hope people keep pouring that kind of comments. If something is good it must give rise to strong opinions, either for or against it. And some of the negative criticisms fascinate me.