View Single Post

Thread: Call to Brew! [Crossroads]

1. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Call to Brew! [Crossroads]

First off, SuperDave...that's amazing. I really like it. I might think of it as CR 3...but I can see why either might make sense. I also feel like it might be immune to fire damage, which at that level, might be the difference between cr 3 and 4 (considering most area of effect stuff is lightning or fire).

Truly terrifying. I could have nightmares about those.

Tizheruk
    What at first seems like the back of some small whale is half surfaced at the edge of the water before flying out wildly, the massive head of this beast, hurtling toward the dock.
    CR 10
    N Huge magical beast
    Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision; Perception +6

DEFENSE
    AC
    25, touch 8, flat-footed 23 (+2 Dex, +17 natural, 4 size)
    hp 150 (12d10+84)
    Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +6
    Defensive Abilities Cold Resist 30

OFFENSE
    Speed 10 ft., swim 60 ft.
    Melee bite +22 (4d8+22/19-20 plus grab), tail slap +17 (3d6+6)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks capsize, constrict (3d6+18), swallow whole (2d8+18 bludgeoning damage, AC 18, hp 15)

STATISTICS
    Str 34, Dex 14, Con 25, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Base Atk +12; CMB +26 (+28 Bullrush; +30 grapple); CMD 38 (40 vs Bullrush; can't be tripped)
    Feats Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Acrobatics)
    Skills Acrobatics +24, Perception +6, Swim +20
    (+8 racial bonus to swim)
    SQ Hold Breath
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Capsize (Ex)

A Tizheruk can attempt to capsize a boat or ship of its size or smaller by ramming it as a charge attack and making a combat maneuver check. The DC of this check is 25 or the result of the boat captain's Profession (sailor) check, whichever is higher.
    Leap (Ex)
    A Tizheruk can make an acrobatics check to jump from the water. If it does so, it jumps double the distance listed in the acrobatics skill entry, and is always regarded as having a running start. It is also considered charging for the purpose of performing a bull rush.

ECOLOGY
    Environment
    Arctic Oceans
    Organization solitary
    Treasure none
    Tales of Tizheruk exist frequently in icy coastal areas. They are well known for their massive heads, making up nearly half their body length. They have only insubstantial flippers on the sides of their bodies, but they have a complete whale's tail. It's mouth, which hangs low beneath the bulk of it's head, is full of infrequently placed outcroppings of teeth.
    The whole thing faintly resembles a shrunk and stretched out sperm whale. Typical Tizheruk are 20 feet in length and weigh 1,500 pounds.

They are known for knocking sailors off of docks and ships by jumping into the air.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-04-14 at 01:49 PM.