1. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: How do Dragons exist? With a lot of Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Xet View Post
    After reading this thread I cannot help but see a Tolkien-esk link (I'm sorry). Using "the song" as reference your fate seems to be like the elves, their path decided from beginning to end. No matter what choices they made it would always be as it was put out in "the song". Your dragons seem much like the humans, their path was undecided and no power could tell them exactly what implications any action they took may be. They both interacted in the same world, at the same time. Another analogy although less theatric is dragons by nature represent chaos even though they may not actively perform chaotic actions. They are a variable in the equation of the universe that fate is trying to balance ala the matrix.

I know this doesn't really assist much just merely observations. I do apologise for using lotr as reference as well.

Finally I'm on my smart phone so sorry for wall of text.
    You should check out my Fate system, it's linked in my signature, and then tell me if it still reminds you of such.

No worries, I'm sure anything fantasy will remind someone of Tolkien somewhere.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-05-15 at 06:51 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)