View Single Post

Thread: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

1. - Top - End - #0
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H. 1023

Unfortunately, you are asking for a cockatrice but without the petrifaction and with charming. I suggest this just be a variant cockatrice albeit one that looks more like a regular chicken. I also took the text from the nixie on charming so that it would be consistent. Sorry it took so long to make this.

Cockatrice, Charming
    Size/Type: Small Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 5d10 (27 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 60 ft. (poor)
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +3 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/-1
    Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d4-2 plus charming)
    Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d4-2 plus charming)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Charming
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7
    Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Weapon FinesseB
    Environment: Temperate plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, flight (3-5), or flock (6-13)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement: 6-8 HD (Small); 9-15 HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment:

A charming cockatrice resembles a typical white leghorn chicken except that much larger. A male cockatrice has wattles and a comb, just like a rooster. Females, much rarer than males, differ only in that they have no wattles or comb. A charming cockatrice weighs about 25 pounds. Charming cockatrices speak Avian and Common.

Combat

A charming cockatrice fiercely attacks anything that it deems a threat to itself or its lair. Flocks of charming cockatrices do their utmost to overwhelm and confuse their foes, and sometimes fly directly into their opponents’ faces.

Charming (Su): Unlike the petrifaction ability of normal cockatrices, these charm their victims as charm monster (CL is equal to HD). Any creature that is bitten by a charming cockatrice must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) or be charmed for 24 hours. Most charmed creatures are used to perform heavy labor, guard duty, and other onerous tasks for the charming cockatrice community. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-07-15 at 03:12 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread