View Single Post

Thread: Playable Treefolk Race: Floran (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Playable Treefolk Race: Floran (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Mirror View Post
    I think I'll probably keep it as-is for now, and see if I can't do a little playtesting to see how it works out in practice.
    Alright. Please let me know when you're done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Mirror View Post
    The more I think about it, the less powerful Autotopiary seems to be, so I'll probably give the woodnymphs an extra trait, after all. Maybe proficiency in Insight?
    Eh. There are a couple of backgrounds and classes that give proficiency in Insight, along others, in the Player's Guide already. I think it should be something that plays with the siren-esque aspects of their myths instead. I believe tieflings have an ability that lets 'em cast a cantrip at first level, a 2nd level spell at third level, and another at fifth level. They can only cast these spells once per day and must take a long rest in order to use them again. They can cast the cantrip as much as they like, there's no limit to it's use. Maybe you should use that.
    I think this race knows too many languages. The ones in the book have only two, their native tongue and common (that is, if you don't include their subraces).
    Last edited by ocel; 2014-09-16 at 07:38 PM.