Cassandra, Deimos, the Shepard - The First Tree

"The point of their creation is irrelevant. They are our children. From the moment Pernieth came into this world, the trees became more than simple plants. They think and feel. If you prick them, do they not bleed? If you wrong them, shall we not revenge? You invoke a god whose permission has already been given. He does not hinder, nor does he help. That is all Pernieth requires of him, all that is needed. You speak of fire as though it were the bane of our existence. We grow. We change. We adapt. We Survive. Your people were given a warning. A mercy, given their crime. Respect the forests, and they will provide. Just as they respect the animals. I ask you now, Shepard, and answer me plain. Do you think my people are worth less than your own? Will you not give my children the respect they are owed when they sacrifice their bodies for others?" Cassandra's eyes glow with anger, but she is unafraid. Her lord lies just beyond the glade, and any action taken against her, even by this mewling coward, would be an act of war that would consume everything.