Quote Originally Posted by silveralen View Post
Then apparently I'm tired and confused you with someone else. Or just thought you liked more of 3.5 than you do.
No. I've been pretty vocal about how I think 3.5 (and Pathfinder) are terrible in nearly every aspect, would never run them, and certainly won't go out of my way to play them. 5e is a massive improvement over either.

Oh, I'm just guessing it'd be reverse since people seem to want skill checks to do impossible things without fail, in other words what spells do, with no resource cost. Plus should be easily available for every class with no real investment, since apparently a single level dip in rogue is over the top. At that point, most utility spells are going to be 100% pointless, with only a couple exceptions at best. Then give the martial's other benefits and remove the few strengths of spells, like the ability to target multiple saves. Well not remove it, just make it pointless since regardless of save you will never succeed more than half the time no matter what you target, as his weakness isn't actually weak. At that point, spells are there to teleport and raise dead, and that's about it.
Do you want to engage honestly about this, or is it just easier to set up strawmen and paper tigers?

Between this and the assertion that I'm a huge d20 fan, you might as well put me on ignore if that's where you think I'm going with any of this.