Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
I once ran a First Edition Exalted game in which a player came up to me with a premise for a Lunar sorcerer who considered herself a god. As she wasn't great at rules, another player volunteered to help her build the character.

I did not check that he was, in fact, actually capable of doing so.

The result was a Full Moon Lunar who used sorcery and martial arts, two things that Lunars are not good at using. Her nine Charms were:
* Finding the Spirit's Shape, which all Lunars are required to have.
* Snake Style: Striking Cobra, Serpentine Evasion, and Snake Form. These three Charms allowed her to magically fight using techniques she could have gotten from her own Charms, but not as well because they keyed off her Martial Arts 4 instead of her Dexterity 5.
* Tale-Spinning Mastery on a Charisma 3 character, letting her add three dice to tell stories. She had Performance 2, so this superpower let her go from "moderately good storyteller" to "tells stories almost as well as an expert mortal".
* Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
* Terrestrial Countermagic, which lets her fight other sorcerers.
* Invulnerable Body of Bronze, a spell which if cast by a Lunar sorcerer fails to activate.
* Stormwind Rider, a spell that allows a Lunar sorcerer to fly along the ground with a few other people, something better accomplished by... well, by turning into a giant bird, which they all can do.

Notably absent were Charms to give her incredible health, the Charm to turn her into a goddamn giant death monster at will, or any actual Full Moon Charms.
My knowledge of Exalted is poor, but is that actually legal?

This is why I don't let others build characters for me, although they can offer advice. If my character sucks, it should be my fault.