OK, a lot of folks are asking about regrets and do-overs and what I would change, so I'm going to basically answer this all at once.

Generally speaking, I do not spend a lot of time stressing out about my past work. It is what it is, and I prefer to spend my time moving forward. As a result, I don't devote a lot of mental energy to thinking about what I don't like in the existing strips. To be totally honest, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the existing strips at all. Once they're done, they're done. I get one more chance to consider them when I compile the book, since I can tweak a scene by adding new material, but once that happens I barely ever think about them as individual strips ever again. I think in terms of plot points and character arcs. I'll go reference a point of continuity when I need it, but I don't really reread my old stuff in bulk. If I did, I would probably be plagued by a constant desire to revise—which is why I don't do it.

That said, I have four basic regrets:

1.) That cold open with an in media res joke about D&D 3.5. Ugh. Hate it. Fixed it in the book.

2.) The overly crappy art style at the start of the comic (as previously addressed on this thread). Have made many upgrades since then.

3.) Unintentional sexism and/or insensitivity to gender issues. Doing my best to fix it going forward.

4.) Representation issues. Doing my best to fix it going forward.

That's it. I'm not going to go back and analyze one joke or plot point that didn't work as well as I would have liked it to. Those happen. There's always something to learn from them. The things that bother me are the things that could substantially damage how people engage with my work as a whole, such as the people who think I'm the guy who can't draw at all or the people who think I'm a closet misogynist. Those are the things that get under my skin, because I know I can do better than that.