View Single Post

Thread: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

1. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage125 View Post
    I give permission. I'd love to see where that goes.
    REDMAGE

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic can not be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level."

Magic, swordplay, healing, the trifecta of power which no one man can master. Of course that just means one has to find the loopholes of the rules of reality and do it anyway, right, right?

BECOMING A REDMAGE

Once the Red Mages were a great order of mages dedicated to knowledge and versatility, mastering both combat and magic, and training in their great academy-temples. Then the Great Delusion came and now they are but scattered individuals each believing themselves to be the last of their ancient order training apprentices to rebuild it.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    BAB: +3.
    Skills: Knowledge (any 2) 8 ranks, Use Magic Device 4 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd level arcane or divine spells.
    Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: You must be proficient in at least 4 martial weapons and medium and lighter armor.
    Special: Must have an awesome red hat with a big white feather in it.

Class Skills
    The Red Mage's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Dabbled Spell (0), Keep your Friends Close, Optimized Casting, I Totally Had that on My Character Sheet
    +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    2nd
    +2
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Dabbled Spell (1st), I Have that Feat
    -
    3rd
    +3
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Greater Optimized Casting, Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    +1 level existing spellcasting class
    4th
    +4
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Dabbled Spell (3rd), Dabbled Spell (0), I Have that Skill!
    5th
    +5
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Forgot to Write it Down, Dabbled Spell (3rd), Dabbled Spell (1st)
    -
    6th
    +6
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Dabbled Spell (4th), Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    7th
    +7
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Dabbled Spell (4th), Dabbled Spell (0), Metagame
    8th
    +8
    +2
    +2
    +6
    Dabbled Spell (5th), Dabbled Spell (1st), I Always Had these Scores
    -
    9th
    +9
    +3
    +3
    +6
    Dabbled Spell (5th), Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    10th
    +10
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Dabbled Spell (6th), Dabbled Spell (3rd), Forgot to Mark 'em Off

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Red Mage gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At all levels but 2nd, 5th, and 8th a Red Mage gains... standard boilerplate.

Dabbled Spell: At each level a Red Mage selects one or more spells/infusions/mysteries from the spell list or domain list of any base class and adds it to their spells known and spell list for 1 spellcasting class they possess at the same level. This spell retains its arcane/divine/shadowcasting traits it had when cast as a character of the original class. At 1st level a Red Mage gains a level 0 spell or fundamental, at 2nd level they gain a 1st level spell, at 3rd they gain a 2nd level spell, at 4th they gain a 3rd level spell and level 0 spell (or fundamental), at 5th they gain a 3rd level spell and a 1st level spell, at 6th a 4th and a 2nd, at 7th a 4th and a level 0 (or a fundamental), at 8th they gain a 5th and a 1st, at 9th they gain a 5th and a 2nd, at 10th they gain a 6th and a 3rd.

Keep your Friends Close (Ex): A Red Mage gains a bonus on Bluff checks made against their allies equal to their class level, this bonus triples when the Red Mage is attempting to Bluff themselves.

Optimized Casting: You have a Good Will save you don't need Wisdom, and Charisma is for losers and "roleplayers", everyone knows that it is the dump stat so why would you have it higher than 8? All spellcasting a Red Mage possesses is based off of their Intelligence and no other ability score.

I Totally Had that on my Sheet (Ex): Once per day per class level a Red Mage may declare they have any mundane item worth less than 100 GP. This item lasts until it is no longer currently in use, and if sold anything given in exchange for it vanishes within 1 hour as well as anything purchased with gold obtained this way.

I Have That Feat (Ex): Once per day per 2 class levels a Red Mage may declare (as a free action usable outside of their turn) that they do in fact have a certain non-epic feat. They retain the benefits of that feat for 1 minute.

Greater Optimized Casting: Whenever you cast a spell you take the best of every world. It has no arcane spell failure, no divine focus, and no arcane specific material component or focus, for example.

I Have that Skill (Ex): I totally do, it says so on my sheet... ignore that the writing is newer than everything else. Beginning at 4th level 3 times per day a Red Mage may declare, as a free action usable outside of their turn, that they have ranks in a skill equal to their character level +3. They retain these skill ranks until the current encounter/scene ends.

Forget to Write it Down (Ex): Damage doesn't really hurt you till it's written on your character sheet and sometimes a Red Mage simply forgets to write it down. 3 times per day when a 5th level or higher Red Mage would take damage (including ability damage) they may forget to write it down and not take said damage.

Metagame (Ex): You've got to look beyond the game at times. Once per day a 7th level Red Mage may gain the benefits of a Legend Lore spell as a free action, in addition they can gain information that they really shouldn't which functions as Bardic Knowledge using their Red Mage level in place of their Bard level.

I Always Had these Scores (Ex): You've got to edit quick if you want to change your scores without being noticed... I mean I always had these ability scores. 1/day a Red Mage may swap any number of their ability scores with each other as a free action which may be performed outside of their turn. These swaps are undone after 1 minute.

Forget to Mark 'em Off: Just like hit points aren't lost until they're marked off same is true of spells, and it's possible to go a long time without actually remembering to mark them off if you're careful. 1/day a Red Mage may, as a free action, declare they forgot to mark off their cast spells regaining all expended spell slots.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-29 at 07:17 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)