█░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░
    And his friends:
    Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit

Uncle Pine's (that's me) extended signature!

Spoiler: Previous avatar
    Show

My first custom avatar on the boards (which I eventually went back to). Look at it!

Friendly treant avatar by Pesimismrocks. Expanded version here.

Helpful/awesome/too cool not to sig quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Piece of advice: If your idea for the story includes the words "I really hope that the players..." Stop. Anything that relies on the players to do something - anything - will fail. Not just might, will. Because despite the fact that any rational person can only see a limited number of outcomes or possibilities, I guarantee you that your players will come up with one you didn't foresee. And if you're relying on them to do something, you can be sure that they will do just about anything but that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    High Optimization means that you've done a lot of work to tweak something to be as good at whatever you're aiming it to do as possible. This may or may not be a multi-goal optimization.

Theoretical Optimization (TO) is any optimization you do based on theoretical application of the RAW without regard to whether it would be allowed in a given game.

Practical Optimization is any optimization of a character, item, or other rules-made construct you plan to use in an actual game.

They are often related in some way, but they are not dependent on each other, nor are they antidependent.

"High optimization" is generally what people mean when they speak of optimized characters, in general. Something that is tweaked to get as much power and effectiveness as possible. It can be theoretical or practical. Practical optimization starts as theoretical, and then gets refined to fit into a given game under a particular GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Are gods simply very powerful wizards then?
    Don't look down on Wizards like that.

Last edited by Uncle Pine; 2018-05-07 at 02:08 AM.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.