View Single Post

Thread: Immortalize your name in bees

1. - Top - End - #0
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Immortalize your name in bees

Wannabee Template

Wannabees come from a myriad of backgrounds, but they have one thing in common—they want the power of bees. To aid in that endeavor, they tend to dress in garish black and yellow costumes and drone incessantly about the importance of bees.

CREATING A WANNABEE

Wannabee is an acquired template that can be applied to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, and Monstrous Humanoid that has an intelligence less than 10.

Size and Type: As base creature.

Speed: If they do not have a flight speed, wannabees gain a set of undersized translucent wings and can fly at double their land speed (minimum 10 feet) with a maneuverability of Clumsy.

Natural Armor: Wannabees gain +1 Natural Armor.

Special Attack: Wannabees gain the following.

If I Bee Waspish (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (Ex): Wannabees gain a secondary stinger attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus ˝ Strength modifier (minimum 1). Once the stinger has been used, it takes 1 week to grow back. A stingerless wannabee takes a -2 morale penalty to attack rolls until its stinger grows back.

Best Beeware My Sting (with further apologies to William Shakespeare) (Su): Despite their diminished mental capacity, wannabees can deliver barbs so sharp, they can cut an opponent to the quick. By merely humming, a wannabee can cause all opponents within 30 feet that can hear it to take a -4 penalty to all rolls. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ˝ the wannabee’s HD + wannabee’s charisma modifier) reduces the penalty to -2.

Skills: Wannabees gain Profession (beekeeper) as a class skill. This gives them a +2 Insight bonus on all rolls when dealing with a swarm of bees, giant bees, giant wasps, and abeils.

Special Qualities: Wannabees gain the following.

Honey Dependent (Ex): Each wannabee is mystically bound to a single pot of honey and must never stray more than 300 yards from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 hours. A wannabee’s pot of honey does not radiate magic. A pot of honey has 3 hit points and hardness 2. A broken honey pot is easily repaired with a mending spell or with sovereign glue.

Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1

Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1

Oh and in case you hadn't seen this before -- BEEFORGED: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Beeforged_(3.5e_Template)

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-17 at 07:08 AM. Reason: added beeforged
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread