Quote Originally Posted by VisitingDaGulag View Post
This is awful. Everytime I looked at an area of text, its just one irrelevant change after another. And I'm sitting here thinking of all the broken stuff. I'm not joking here. Every single time I looked at a clump of text it was like "whelp, that part failed ... maybe the next part will have something worth reading." ... "nope, combined skills rewarding low skill-point casters" ... "let's see here tons of combat feats missing, uh," "Yup, no thought bottle mentioned"

You didn't fix anything. I'd start analyzing all the random stuff here like additional body slots (hint, rings of protection are not the problem, even if they did stack in 3.5), but this stuff doesn't deserve the effort. You just threw 3.5 out of the window and made your own "Unommon (sic)" material. Go play 4e or pathfailure or Legend or whatever if you like that strategy. Leave fixing D&D to people who actually know all the material and how it interacts.

Normally, I wouldn't have bothered to mention just how incomplete/bad this is, but the gawdy sig ... this is not close to "ALL"
I don't necessarily agree with a huge number of the changes here either, but it's not really fair to say that the important things haven't been fixed. (Just to note, the deflection bonuses from rings of protection doesn't stack with other rings of protection - even if they did, that's hardly broken compared to the real issues brought up with 3.5's game mechanics.)

I'm sure the author of the rules changes would appreciate something more in-depth of an analysis in regard to how fixed or not fixed this 3.5e rewrite manages in terms of repairing the problems that the 3.5 edition rules have. It is certainly within the author's purview to make any other alterations - cosmetic or otherwise - that the author sees with the rules.

Saying: "You didn't fix anything, just play this other game" is just not informative at any level. Perhaps you could find one or more examples of how this 3.5e overhaul fails to meet its goals and explain it so it can be addressed.