1. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Shadewright, a shadow-conjuring gish with multifaceted archetypes

First of all, I've finished one of three additional archetypes I am planning for the shadewright:

The Quacksalver

This is a disease- and healing-themed archetype that turns you into a sort of mixture between an umbral plague doctor and a tricksy shadowy snake-oil salesman. I hope people like it. The above is a direct link, but the archetype is located in the Google Drive folder linked to in the OP, and there's where people will always be able to find the most up-to-date version of the quacksalver, as with all other shadewright files.

The second archetype will be a kineticist-inspired blaster archetype called the Shadefire Adept, the third will be some form of ghost/seances/spirit channeling-themed archetype inspired by Occult Adventures, yet to be named. I'll hopefully get both of these done in the coming week or two.

Second, @Xuldarinar:

1. Because call shadows is a spell-like ability (and also because of the further specification right at the end of the call shadows entry in the main shadewright document), the DC would be equal to 10 + the maximum spell level the shadewright is capable of mimicking via call shadows + the shadewright's Charisma modifier. So that at 1st level the DC would be 11 + Cha, at 4th level 12 + Cha, at 7th level 13 + Cha, et cetera. Do note that Spell Focus works just fine with spell-like abilities in the PF rules and thus Spell Focus (illusion) would be able to boost call shadows' DC further.

2. That looks really interesting! It certainly adds a very interesting dimension to the class' flavor, and one I definitely approve of it having! I'll have to give your Taint system a more thorough read-through, but I like that you made a simple archetype that seamlessly functions with all the other ones, since I daresay all of mine could benefit greatly from an extra dash of evlulz! :)
    Last edited by Ethereal Gears; 2015-09-21 at 08:22 AM.