If picking one from the first semifinals was hard because there were three that deserved to win, then this is hard as diamonds because every single one of these is spectacular.

But alas, process of elimination time:

+1 BFF is touching and pretty funny, but I don't think it's "best OOTS strip EVAR" material.

Familicide was HUGE, but I feel like it lacks... something on its own. It's the chocolate to the following strip's marshmellow, good on its own, but great together.

Tidying Up... oh geez. I've got a thing for brutal deaths, and Tsukiko's was NASTY. The strip also cemented Redcloak's REAL plans... overall a masterclass in drama, which is why it breaks my heart that there's one that does it even better.

And alas, then there were two, and what a pair they are.

But as much as 906 knocked the wind out of me like no strip ever has... as beautifully horrific as Malack's death is... and chillingly effective as Nale's plans were, for the first time ever...

...there's no denying that, at the end of the day, 763 is quite possibly one of the greatest villain speeches ever written. A ripping deconstruction of the entire "hero vs. evil tyrant" trope, heck, it gets dangerously close to turning the concept of heroic fantasy entirely on its head. It is THE strip I would show anyone who I wanted to get into OotS, and it is THE strip that proves just how great of a writer Mr. Burlew really is.

Honestly, I'm of the mind that it'll be a travesty if this thing doesn't win it all.