1. - Top - End - #12

Default Re: Star Wars Races PEACH (and suggest more races for us to convert)

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
    The problem is though it isn't just about being overpowered against the original races it is about the intention of power the game expects lower level characters to be. 5e kind of like 4e made race based enemies different than the races you selected so making higher powered races expects you to adjust encounters or even the creatures themselves in their difficulty.
    Point. But I feel like they've taken that into consideration almost. I think they're asking more for our help with balance among the races. OP, clarify?

Additionally some of the races among the ones created here are clearly better than others. The Human(combining the variants), Wookie, Twi'lek, and Togruta make races like the Zabrak, Kel Dorian, and Chiss look like NPC characters.
    I actually like the combination of the variants. Wookie, Twi'lek and Togruta, all capture the lore of their races. Zabrak DOES need a buff. I don't know yet what that would be, but the DO need one. Kel Dorian is actually not that bad. They get Thaumaturgy, which covers a LOT of minor Force abilities (open/close doors, etc.) Detect Evil and Good (I feel a disturbance in the Force), and Blur, which capture their physical and mental training to be incredibly evasive. These all make sense for a race as inherently tied to the Force as the Kel Dorians. And, as currently written, it LOOKS like Chiss are still a work in progress.

P.S. while the Gran was changed using the argument of the way it looks like in a Star Wars campaign when there is no mechanical drawback really just means you think they look ugly even though clearly in the game they are very affable and how they look is rather common place.
    Point taken. My apologies.
    Last edited by GandalfTheWhite; 2015-11-08 at 06:26 PM.