Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
The only documented use of Bestow Curse (to my knowledge) just has the caster saying "Bestow Curse!" We don't know what the curse did (probably the save penalty thing), but there isn't really any support for Bestow Curse (or the greater variant) behaving in such a way, or giving swirly-eyes if it did. I feel like it is a pretty big reach to get around "can't be immune to mind-effecting."
Well can we go Socratic here? I'd say there's three components:

1) Is it your opinion that it would be rules-contrary for at least one of Bestow/Greater Bestow to accomplish the behavior in question with a custom curse?

2) If you're still with me this far, is it your opinion that a custom curse like that would more be likely to be portrayed in OoTS as a text bubble reading "(Greater) Bestow Curse" at the time of casting or that the text bubble would read what the custom curse actually was, so that the reader would know?

3) If you favor the latter scenario in #2 above, would it be reasonable for such a behavior-affecting curse to result in "swirly eyes" or would it be too confusing or misleading for the reader?