Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
Spoiler: new chapter
Show
Didnt the scroll say even kaguya warned about these guys? Maybe not because they are stronger, but are mega greedy for all that yummy chakra and therefore dangerous?
but yea i agree, they do not seem like a big enough threat to make it believable that naruta dies here... maybe just get a bit beat up. something to teach Bort to work instead of dope or something
Spoiler
Show

Yeah. And even wth what Ramza said below...how is this at all a threat? Kaguya could just teleport people into an acid dimension full of acid. She just DIDN'T for some reason. She still seems far more threatening these these losers.

Hell, Sasuke snarked at them. Maybe when they do kill Naruto (because they clearly DO kill Naruto at some point, the flashfoward at the start of the series makes it pretty clear he's dead) we'll see, but right now...they seem really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
Why they are a threat?

Using spoilers only from the first five chapters of the manga.

Spoiler
Show
Chapter 2 of Boruto established those two are from the same clan as Kaguya. Chapter 2 also established the skinner guy has both Byakugan in his main eyes, and 2 rinnegans in the palms of his hand. Once again with Chapter 2, the two rinnegan allow him to do something similar to the Preta / Hungry Ghost path version of the Rinnegan with absorbing techniques but there are some key differences unique to this new villain. This new villain uses 1 rinnegan located on his right hand, understand the technique and absorb the technique, and then replicate the technique with his left hand, except the technique is magnified by the villain's / Otsutsuki massive chakra reserves and chakra control.

If you want to think seriously about it, the villain is a big "ninja tech tool" in biological form since the ninja tech tools work the same way where someone stores chakra and technique into a scroll (the right hand), while the ninja tool then later on replicates the technique at a later date (the left hand)
Spoiler
Show
This all makes sense and yet still doesn't really feel like it works. If not for the second guy and his absorbo hands Shikamaru would of outright killed that last guy. Shadow him and then stab him to death. These guys are NOT strong. They're just using tolls.

I realize that's the POINT, but having the guy outright say it the way he did, bragging about his drugs, makes the point way too blunt. It makes me sad because it just further reminds me of how Naruto had such subtle and good writing before, like with Haku and Zabuza. Now we've got this bunny eared mother****er bragging about his cool drugs and how they can make anyone as strong as a god with no effort HMM WHAT'S THAT BORT NO EFFORT HMMM SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU DID HUH?

It's just...this could of been good but they just aren't even trying, it feels.