View Single Post

Thread: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

1. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

I played a AP for my group called "From the depths",
    Spoiler: I forgot to spoiler this.
    Show
    the introduction to the story was so lame i had to write my own story where they travel from Absolom to the point where the adventure start. The beginning of the adventure was alright with the village and the spooky setup and gave my players a scare ( especially as i used the firelink shrine theme as backdrop ). However as soon as i got to the island **** just didnt go so well as its described that the players are supposed to wander the island for DAYS with random encounters, and the DCs for the knowledge checks were in the 20s so i wonder how the hell a lvl 6 party could make them for a 15pt buy that is standard for APs.. ( our party is equivalent to 34pt, but they still couldnt do the knowledge checks, considering our mage wasnt among us )

And then its just "go from A to B, event trigger" for 5 locations, and then the adventure end in a litteral "death corridor" with no way back up and rather heavy encounters. I even let my players rest down there as it was kind of stupid how you could have ambush encounters right before the final fight.

The ending was 2 dominated, the rogue and the sorcerer. The Monk got dominated in the last round and then the paladin managed to kill off the boss with a attack of oppertunity as the boss tries to escape. To make it not a TKP after all of that **** i just made the dominated people pick on the wall for the boss to escape, and later just do a combat manouver to delay the rest of the party.

Also in a game of "Wrath of the Rightous" and there is so many awkward moments of "HEY LOOK! THIS PERSON IS LESBIAN! HEY LOOK WE HAVE PERSONS WITH DARK BACKGROUNDS!" Our DM had to tone down a lot of the cringy scenes in that AP...
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2016-10-20 at 11:06 PM.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show