Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
I found just crowbaring it into the standard hollywood heroes journey formulae helped a LOT - that's my expensive arts degree coming in handy. Basically introduction, bad guy does a thing, ordinary day, resisting the call, mentor, weird adventures, mentor dies, depression, resurgence, showdown, victory. Have you tried doing something like that?
Hmm. Not intentionally, but I see I've got something like the first few at least. My problem is probably that my story is far too complex for its own good. Probably nothing to do but soldier on. I'll get it done, I swear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Alternately consider just blamming out a bunch of disconnected scenes and long rambling conversations with the most jagged and clunky of transitions just to get better ideas of how the characters work together and what they really believe.
I've done a little, but I'm honestly not good at writing disconnected scenes, and I don't seem to get much from them either. It's the connections I struggle with most, the characters I've got, so just writing the characters and not thinking of the connections gives me very little.