Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
Spoiler
Show
[Seireitei, Soul Society]
[Cemetery]

Masaru regards Jehoel silently for several long moments. He does not flinch from the ancient Hollow's gaze, but eventually, he blinks, though it's a normal blink, not a "blink and then look way the heck away".

"I believe you are correct about our presence in a new era. The sad fact, to some, is that for me this conversation is...unnerving. I am still uncertain the terms our nations have agreed to are the most proper. However, I am also pragmatic enough to understand why decisions were made. And self-aware enough to acknowledge my own views may not be entirely correct. Certainly I'm more self-aware than the...individual...who recently troubled the Commander."

His gaze drifts skyward.

"Of course....said individual isn't really alone..."
Jehoel smiles a little, the expression as useful for determining his thoughts as anything else he does.

"Give it time. It took centuries for me to stop having to suppress the urge to rip out my counterpart's throat during conversations."

It's taking him substantially longer than that to learn social graces, apparently. He follows Masaru's gaze upwards.

"I suspect that you will find the Red Pheasant to be less aligned with his peers than you expect. He considers himself a weapon far more than a person. Weapons don't have friends or allies. The insult and rejection of authority, however, will force a response from the Royal Guard. Your commander has set a dangerous precedent."

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
The Tsuyoi representatives find the known terrorist Kishi clothed in noble finery (well, a decent kimono at least). And the ex-convict Kobayashi Momoka, in all of her tattooed, dreadlocked and pierced glory, along with Setsurou and Azuma.

"Greetings, honorable representatives of the Tsuyoi clan of nobles. Might I invite you to have a seat?"
As one, the three representatives bow deeply.

"We are honored to accept."

They take the offered seats.