View Single Post

Thread: Help creating a new patron

1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help creating a new patron

Although I can see the argument for making this entity a god, it has a fair bit of Great Old One flavour, so I can also see it working as a patron. I'll see what I can come up with...

Spoiler: Otherworldly Patron: The Star Ray
    Show
    The Star Ray
    The Star Ray, known to some as Norward, is a strange creature. An immortal being of spirit and energy, the Star Ray is completely above the petty concerns of mortals, yet neither does it sit alongside the Gods in their celestial halls. Instead, the Star Ray wanders the skies over the world's oceans, a map of stars shining from its back. It's motives are unknown, but many sailors and aquatic cultures have come to view the Star Ray as a benevolent savior that always appears in their time of need.
    Of course, the Star Ray cannot be in multiple places at once. For this reason, the Star Ray has been known to choose a few select mortals and place a fragment of its otherworldly power into the minds, such that they can serve as guides to their comrades when their patron is elsewhere.

Expanded Spell List
    Your pact with the Star Ray allows you to choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a new spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Star Ray Expanded Spells
    Spell Level Spells
    1st Detect Magic, Guiding Bolt
    2nd Augury, Moonbeam
    3rd Nondetection, Water Breathing
    4th Locate Creature, Watery Sphere
    5th Control Winds, Planar Binding (I'm not completely happy with Planar Binding here. Open to suggestions!)
    Glimmering Visions
    At 1st level, you gain the ability dazzle your foes with starry lights. As an action on your turn, choose a creature within 30 feet of you. That creature must make a Wisdom saving throw or be blinded. The creature can use its action to repeat this saving throw, ending the effect on a success. Once you use this feature, you canít use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Steered to Safety
    By 6th level, you can beseech your patron to guide your movements in combat, helping you to evade attacks. Once per short rest, you can Disengage as a free action.

Map of the Stars
    When you reach 10th level, you gain proficiency with Navigator's Tools. Furthermore, you can never become lost and always know which direction is North.

Pelagic Endurance
    Also at 10th level, you gain resistance to cold damage and can drink salt water as if it was fresh water.

Cosmic Storm
    At 14th level, your patron teaches you to channel the magic of the stars to destroy your foes. As an action on your turn, you can create three bolts of light, each of which can strike a target you can see within 100 feet. A target must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 10d6 radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
    Once you use this feature, you canít use it again until you finish a long rest.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2017-02-04 at 02:21 PM.
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

Homebrew: Sig, MHP