Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
I asked the question to post previous to mine
You quoted the Squadron question. Though you did mention question 69, which was mine, so I'll elaborate:

In PF, you can use a spell completion item, such as a wand or scroll, if you have the spell on your class list. In SoP, you can use it if you have the base sphere that would logically have the ability (i.e., if you have the Life sphere, you can use a Wand of Cure Light Wounds). In PF, if you want to create a magic item that requires a certain spell to create the item, you must have it on your spell list or you raise the DC by +5. For potions and scrolls, however, you must be able to cast the spell (this is mostly to stop wizards from creating scrolls of spells they don't have, and then turning around and copying the spell back into their spell book). My question was: do you need every talent required when you create an item, or can you do the +5 DC thing. Adam's response implies that you do need every talent for a potion or scroll, but it's kind of silly.

I think.

The reason I bring it up is because of the more obscure conditions that a Life caster might want to cure but not have the feat for the biggy being permanent blindness which is crippling, but rare in the game, making spending a feat to get Restore Senses annoying. However, if you can create a potion or scroll using only the base talent, then any Life caster with Brew Potion can cure blindness from level 1, given 2 hours and 100gp.