Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
@Jack and Illven, Hoya would not be openly hostile to you, (and in fact is not hostile,) but she was openly suspicious at first.
Note that on joining the guild, it'd take a bit for Darshee's nature to become apparent (if not declared... but Darshee mentioning it on joining, and mentioning it for each new member, are different stories), simply because of the normal use of disguise to make other's more comfortable. Her "take ten" disguise check makes for a Perception DC 38, and that's not using magic (and note that half the people in our group have a 50% or better chance of making that DC).

If challenged on why the deception, the answer would be something along the lines of "It's not like I'm concealing who I am, or setting up another to take blame for my actions. Is it wrong of me to want people to get to know me for who I am and what I do rather than making a decision based purely on outward appearances? A little makeup is the only method I've found for doing so. Do you know a better one?"