Got a good chunk of painting done today...

Spoiler
Show
MiniMe and Mini-Hopereaver, launching some Sentry Drones froma pair of Reign of Angers

Alos got a load more Jalyrkieon ships and some of the Wodef (the trainship, for those of you with long memories) done, and started the next round.

Bleakplays Plays EUIV: Necrolantis Rises!

Spoiler: Necrolantis Arises! 17
Show

Okay, in the absense of being able to quickly get the very-shortly available insitution via devleopment, pressing owith conquest ASAP is the best option.

After some though, the ideas sequence revised currently stands at Innovative (sort of need to take that now or never), then influence, then humanist (to basically obviate rebellions and save of the resource drain) and finally offensive.

Someone wanted to spend 50 ducats reinforcing Cape Verde, for a few years, but honestly, it has been sieged, like, once? So Selagus took the minor prestige hit and told them no.

In early 1599, Songhai put down a rebellion as fast as it arose. good job, chaps.

Claim fabricated on Tidore. Just now waiting to the OE to drop.

Selagus was given the opportunity to forge more documents, but turn it down this time (probably too hastily...)

By June, the cores were at 90%, so now seemed a good time to strike, except I first needed to call the third diplmat back since both the others were making spy networks. *skulldesk* Well, as soon as he'd done one wat, we'd start the second. Oh, few, he was only 8 days away!

Hmm. I could drop everything to intervene in the great power war between Britain and Castile/Portugal... over the one province near Pausanis on the offshore isalnd next tot he one remaining Castilian one. Hmm. Aid my rival to get a province that would be easier to take from Castile later. How about no?

So. First target: Tidore. (Hilariously, Ternate and Tidore were now at war. Time to Outside Context that little dispute...)

As the war started, Miliarty 16 came in, bringing with it an upgrade to chambered demi-cannon! Nice! And almost immediatel thereafter, the previous round provinces finished coring.

Mission complete! Once again, no useful mission goal. (I might have been tempted to the "75% fleet limit" one again, but with the change to sailors, I appeared to already be using more than I was gaining, so that'd be a hard "no."

The diplomat came back, so I immediately declared on the surprised Ternate, who actually had been helping me besiege Tidore. They were even more surpirsed to suddenly fidn they were under attack from a massively numerically, technologically and professionally superior army. The battle was an absolute massecre, 4630 infantry, 1907 cavalry and 961 cannons Ternate froces stackwiped to a pittance of 240 Necrolantic Legion Mercenary Infantry.

What did people occasionally say about Necorlantis being trustworthy...?

By the end of December, at 99% Warscore, Tidore was absorbed into the Necrolantic empire.

January. Expecting Trade companies to spawn any time now...

A local fortification expert was found. However, since Necrolantis was nearly always on the offense, he was allowed to stay home.

By March 1600, it was all over, though it wasn't until April that the diplmats would be back.

Selagus ordered the construction of eleven new transports (to supplement the one that Necrolantis has just captured), so as to leave the local 12k stack around if needed. The main twin 12k stacks were heasing out to Theronis, as thence from there to attack Concocha as as soon as a claim was fabricated.

June and Protugal reported the growing demand had increased the value of tobacco.

I figured that at this point, I probably ought to maybe promote some cultures to accewpted (since trying to culture convert the entire world aside from Atlantean colonies would take... a looooong time and a lot od diplomatic points.) On the otherhand, perhaps it would be best to only sink one or two in, since Diplo 17 wa only a year or two off completing and due to Selagus' limited diplomacy... (Oh, wait, were were also waiting for a new advsiort... Maybe time to leverage a 3-skill out of the nobles...?)

So I elected to use two of the 4 accepted cultures, for which we had the most development: Hausa (Central African) and Khoist (South African).

Huh. Only another four or five years, as we could have a nother go at Mali and Kanam Bornu. So, maybe by the time Concocha was done...

In November, Admin 17 came in (just one more tech until the next idea group!). This brought more states, Administrative effecienc (so even lower coring costs!), universities (next priority construction item, for lower development costs and essentially being itself a bonus slot).

Bikol finished. I should have recalled the colonist, but I forgot that it was only a "get started" mission, not a completion. After some thought, I relucantaly sent him to Abenarah on the second of the two islands that made up Deucalionis, just to try and ensure that Theronis woudl the be more powerful than the probably Portufeuse CN in the area.

Next colony targets would be the Andermans (in the Indian Ocean, missed that set of islands!) and probably two of the furthest islands in the Phillipines (as much as to stop Portugal getting access to them).

April 1601 - time to get moving so that as soon as the cliam was fabricated, the army could attack Concocha...

On the first of August, the war began. as did the first university construction in Cape verde.

In January, a trade company monolpoly was formed. The choice was between 50 diplomatic points and 15% teade efficiency for ten years, or nearly 1500 ducats. I opeted for the latter, estimating that would probably be more money and at the moment, I was not ever so short of monarch points. The cash windfall went on several more universities in Africa and Ile Bourbon and Mauritius.

Native assimilation in Yamdema (the colony we'd snatched from Tidore), which put that to nearly finished. I pulled the colonist from the nearly-complete Aluriri in New Zealand and dispatched him to the Andermans.

Hoho! This time, with being much close to my CNs, they were actually pitching in to attack rather helpfully! Enmasse! Great!

No Britain, you are not going to have your CN steal provinces in MY war, you little excrement stain.

Next colony: Tuvalu islands... I pulled the colonist from Tondo and sent him to the Gilbert Islands for good measure.

In December, Concocha was basically beaten (just the last percent to go), and the fifth colony in Austrailia formed, creating the new nation of Selagis!

In January 1603, Concocha was defeated. It lost all but four provinces to Necrolantis (picked such that in was enveloped within the bounds of Necorlantic territory, so there wopuld be sniping by the British, thank you...)

Before we went back to the mainland, a stop over in Poytrek and Manumuskin to grab enoiugh territory there to start the next couple of CNs before Castile and Britain's colonies got too large seemed wise...

Hey, no seperatism in the former Concocha territory! Nice!

Mali - perhaps because they are idiots - gave Necrolantis a diplomatic insult.

Weeeellll... with the 18k merc stack and the 12k regular stack, maybe we COULD afford to give them a kicking now... Ph, wait, not yet, we still had little over a year to go before the truce expired. Hoho, nice try, Mali, Nice try...!

Over in Poytrek/Manumuskin, the Manumuskin target nation, Munhacke, was at war (and winning) against Castile and CNs, so I figured I'd leave them to it. The northern larger nation, Tiocapa, was figthing against some neighbors, but otherwise a target to hit; so the diploamt went there.

I started building some more transports, so that mainland Africa could shunt the majorty of thoise troops around if needed.

The diploamt in Concocha finished fabricating a new claim (for next time!) and returned home.

Telesphoria declared war on Portugeuse Snedsted. I figurd I'd better keep an eye on that. I was pretty sure my guys could handle it, but I had better just watch Portugal itself didn't try to jump in, or I'd have to myself (and if last time was anything to go by, I'd be unlikely to get anything out of it...)

I was running enough cash in now, I could afford to run at six colonies. I thus recalled the colonist from Abenarah and sent him to the Marshall Islands - just to keep running backwards from where Portugal was colonising, to try and lock them out a bit more.

I could probably afford to build another army unit on the mainland, actually... Especially since Necrolantis was now nearly at only half its force limit!

First new army assembled. Frack it, may as well make a second...

July 1604 (still no instituion, but that's fine) and the Concocha cores started to come in - and not long until the first claim fabrication is completed, great!

Switzerland apparently had gone into civil war. Unlucky.

The rest of the cores finished, creating the new colonial nation of Acononis!

Tipcapa ws at 80% in its war, so I decided I would hold off just a little; maybe if it won, I'd be able to snag some more stuff off it!

Tondo finished, so I recalled the colonist from Tuvalu and dispatched him to Nauru, in the same region (four colonies in that area now); I aslo recalled the colonist from the Andermans and dispatech him to Areek in Deucalionis (Portugal had started on its fifth province there). Something which I could have sworn I did earlier, but apparently not saved afterwards. Eh, we could take seven colonies...!

Muahahahahaha! Excellent, as I'd hoped, Ticapa grabbed some more territory - which I can now take from it...!

26th of November, 1604 and we begin again!

New merchant sent to Ceylon...

Whoops, looks like when I made all Tipcapa allies co-belligerents, Ipulled more folk into the war that I expcted. Oh well, more to peace out!

On that basis, I elected not to take Diplo tech 17 just yet; I might need the diplomatic points!

One OPM (Attanonton) down. Couldn't core it, so I just got it to give me cash, reparations and trade power.

Our subjects are renowned world wide for the loyalty. Damn straight! (Sofis had even arrived to help, bless 'em!)

The Gilbert Islands settlement needed to be moved around a bit, but that just meant more tax!

First of January 1606 finally brought in to Global Trade instituion (in Valencia, of course...) I wasn't even going to bother to try and development around this one. Fortunately, that was not necessary, because I was getting a flow anyway to everywhere. This flow was increased by trade buildings and trade power in the province, so I immediately started to build market places in all the coastalt trade centres. Further, Diplo 17 was now in reach and a good few points cheaper, so I cracked that out before the cost went up, unlocking trade depots, the next step up from market places, so that I could upgrade as well to shunt the trade power of those up. But I probably wan't going to get too much technology quickly now, unfortunately...

It also enabled me to peace out Chonuihara from the war (again for just cash, reparations and trade power).

Then we gained a boost to siege power because of ou military doctrine! Nice!

September, and Arumbia fell. And THIS time, it could be taken!

Then Omnioreg and Tsoumatseh were occupied. I actually pulled the diplomat oiff relations, so I could peace both out quickly...

Tsoumatseh, due to location, "got away" with only cash, reparation, tradepower and becaue I could, being forced to become animists.

Omnioreg was next, the single province absorbed wholesale.

March 1607 brought Military tech 17, fortunately before the tech penalty go too high. It would be some while before the next techs would be available, but at least ewe had got them more or less before Global Trade came in!

Teongouten was the last resistance, crushed and absorbed.

And then and only then, was Tipcapa sent terms. And it too, was annexed. This left Necrolantis as a "by pure chance, I had been prepared to slip over) 97% overextension! Nice!

(Apparently, Chonuihara ate Attanonton. Whatever!)

Dropped the diplo points to negative, but who cares?

Though only disppointing thing was that all but one province (Gammeldansk, whcih was mine already) was in the Manumuskin region; so while there would a be (very) strong CN there, soon, I'd have to colonmist a load to get a CN in Poytrek. Well, that would just have to wait for a good long while.

The next job was to accept a mission to build a trade centre in Katsine because why not?

The immediate plan would be to leave the troops over there, ready to come down and stomp on the next nations, but in the meantime, once things had cored, it ws time to have another stab at Mali and Kanam Bornu!

And there we shall have to leave it for another time.

But hey! Good session! Three wars, plenty of new CNs - things are going very well!