Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
Warriors attacks aren't going to do much against anything durable. The offensive boost from daemonic power would have been much better on my daemon pronce from the first turn, particularly since he'll likely see combat first.They are tanky though, and I should use them with that in mind.
Yeah, Warriors are more of a meatgrinder Battleline - they'll generally wear down enemy units over a couple turns, but don't expect them to blend everything you point them at. Daemonic Power on Warriors is good at giving them rerolls to save, making them super durable, and the little extra damage output is just a bonus.
Daemonic power is amazing, particularly on units that are already killy, and I should assume my sorcerer lord is casting it every turn. Other good spells should go to casters with less usel innates.
Yep, it's a solid go-to spell that will always be worth casting.
My thaumaturge is tough and killy, but his save is a bit low. He could really use a bodyguard unit for backup. What I should have done was keep him back a bit, wrapped in the warrior unit.
Well, Blood Knights are a tough first opponent. Generally considered amongst the very strong Death units, only held back by high cost and only being Battleline in pure Vampire armies.

The Thaumaturge in my experience is best used hanging out with your infantry, while big hitters like Princes and Greater Daemons go off solo. He can support your lines and swing in alongside them for that extra punch.

Sounds like it was a good game! It's always solid to learn new things as you go forward.