Thread: The Homebrewer's Extended Signature

1. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Homebrewer's Extended Signature

Spoiler: Homebrew
    Show

Spoiler: Kubrick Quotes
    Show
    "Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, you realize that.. seventy percent of you is water?" Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"The enemy may come individually, or he may come in strength. He may even come in the uniform of our own troops. But however he comes, we must stop him." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"My boys will give you the best kind of start, fourteen hundred megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now. So let's get going. There's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"You know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the bomb. The bomb, Dimitri. The hydrogen bomb. Well now what happened is, one of our base commanders, he had a sort of, well he went a little funny in the head. You know. Just a little... funny. And uh, he went and did a silly thing." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"Our doomsday scheme cost us just a small fraction of what we'd been spending on defense in a single year. But the deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a doomsday gap." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"Yes, but the... whole point of the doomsday machine... is lost... if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, eh?" Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women... women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"Ok. I'm gonna get your money for you. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's going to happen to you? You're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

"Well, that would not be necessary Mr. President. It could easily be accomplished with a computer. And a computer could be set and programmed to accept factors from youth, health, sexual fertility, intelligence, and a cross section of necessary skills. Of course it would be absolutely vital that our top government and military men be included to foster and impart the required principles of leadership and tradition." Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

" I mean, we must be... increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other mineshaft space, in order to breed more prodigiously than we do, thus, knocking us out in superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow... a mine shaft gap!" Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"

Spoiler: Funny GitPer Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lans View Post
    There are over 200 creatures that have been assigned -0, I find that pretty problematic. If it was just a couple it wouldn't be that big of deal, but as it stands its like half the monster manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    That's because half the monster manual is composed of HD-inflated brawlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    While being incorporeal means you are hard to kill, it really limits your options on doing anything not related to draining strength. Thinking on it, what can you do to advance a shadow? Any class that relies on equipment (most of them) are really difficult to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Ooh, ooh, I know! VOW OF POVERTY!!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    By the way, has anyone noticed slaad are 'usually' chaotic neutral, rather than 'always'? Then again, I guess that if they were inherently bound to one alignment, they'd hardly be creatures of pure chaos.
    I suppose if you're incoporeal, you don't really need nipples anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    I knew Spider Eaters were a thing, but I could have sworn they were from one of the later MMs, or possibly Fiend Folio. Flabbergasted that they're in MM1. What other secrets is this book hiding from me?
    Probably the secret to immortality. But it comes with 24 racial hit dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Yeah, and LA: +21 (cohort).
    Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    An easier way to explain it is thusly: Criticals only multiply damage. Even if you did "crit" with a healing spell, there's no damage to multiply. It would be like trying to crit with a tanglefoot bag. Sure it's got an attack roll, and you rolled a natural 20 and confirmed. Congrats, you crit.... and nothing extra happened, because you weren't doing any damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    The bad guy got "super tangled." It's just like regular tangled, but you get to be smug about it.
    Last edited by GilesTheCleric; 2017-09-21 at 09:15 PM.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    Photobucket has disabled direct links. PM me if my images are broken.