"When? I want you to enjoy this moment. It's the last time you'll ever hear me repeat myself. 8 or ten days ago, after he left his job, ickle baby. As for you two, correct! Eat lightly, you'll see much worse. Now, if you would be so good as to inspect those crates beside you, i think you'll find some toys."

The crate cracks open. Within you
Spoiler: find
Show

"There's one for each of you. Don't worry kids, they fit. You'll find a few items in the pockets. Here's the rundown.

Everybody wears these awful overcoats in the lower hive. You'll blend in, and they're tougher then you'd think. (Worth 1 armour point).
Spoiler: Those coins
Show
are pass tokens for the Coscarla division, your subway card and passport in one. And
Spoiler: that,
Show
is your cover. According to these cognomen you work for the Coblast Assay, a not-so-little operation we've been fronting. Their speciality is tech salvage and “manpower services”, which oddly enough entitles you to arms for self defence. Officially you're bonded agents, but the word you'll hear is regulators.

Now, i'm happy to say that thanks to signal interference in the lower hive, vox traffic is almost impossible over any real distance, or up and down at that. The wire station is your only option, but i've arranged something to keep you in touch with each other at least. These
Spoiler: hand voxes
Show
use a private encrypted channel, and are good up to a few kilometres.

Sadly, this
Spoiler: "technology"
Show
is the norm down there. These lamps will illuminate about three metres, and if you arrange the shutters just so a six metre focused beam. For the good Cleric, i have something a little more sophisticated in mind. The
Spoiler: dataslate
Show
carries basic copies of the information i've briefed you on, a series of
Spoiler: maps
Show
and
Spoiler: data
Show
about the Coscarla and - pretty sparse - files on the
Spoiler: Arbasts.
Show
It also has basic short range audio and visual recording and playback functions. The code is 74390, anything else and it will be wiped clean.

You're also the best excuse for a doctor in this trio, so please do me a favour and take some samples.
Spoiler: The bioauspex
Show
will triangulate any anomalous human tissue; anything within a metre or so and the indicator will flash red and start whining, louder as you grow closer. I want my mono scalpel back, so take care. (1d5–1 plus the wielder’s Strength Bonus (SB) in Damage and ignores the first 2 Armour Points (AP) of the target).

Finally.
Spoiler: Save some for bribes,
Show
there's a 120 thrones in there.

If there are no more questions, Coscarla is a few hours away by rail and i'm sure you'll be in touch."
Sand turns away and the glass slowly begins to tint.

"This mission will chart your future. Sail wisely."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Character descriptions for your fellow party members would be much appreciated.