1. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Oh, please, that Amoonguss tank is nothing compared to Mega Slowbro stall. The real nastiness is being a proper wall in Doubles and Triples. Grab a Blissy or Audino as a healer for Triples and you get a lot of stalling done, though. Do note that Mega Slowbro is banned from Anything Goes because a perfectly set up Mega Slowbro is fundamentally impossible for the vast majority of teams to beat. They just get PP stalled.
    Okay, then:

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    New rule:

*I will not purposely optimize with the explicit intention of one-shotting opponents, becoming invincible, or generally doing anything that will make my DM cry. This is not system-specific.
    **Just because you can make a build even more optimized doesn't mean that I'm allowing your Half-Orc Spirit Lion Totem Streetfighter Barbarian with Leap Attack and Shock Trooper.

Spoiler: Context
    Show
    Said build is quite optimized. Normally in D&D, you can only attack once while charging, but the Spirit Lion Totem alternate class feature removes this limit. Leap Attack greatly increases the damage from Power Attack, and Shock Trooper allows you to assign the attack roll penalty from Power Attacking to your Armor Class instead. Orcs and Half-Orcs can get the Reckless Charge feat, which increases charging damage even more, and the Streetfighter alternate class feature gives even more good things for a charger.

However, there are far more optimized builds in D&D, such as War Hulk + Hulking Hurler, which can get 1000d6 damage easily(for reference, the minimum damage is high enough to smear a CR 20 Tarrasque across the floor).

Casters are even worse - decent "gish" builds that can cast 9th-level spells and have 4+ attacks per round at level 20 can kill a Hecatoncheires solo - which according to the CR system is 237 times stronger than the gish. Granted, Hecatoncherires are very over-CRed, but still...
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2017-06-23 at 01:29 AM.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.