Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
Effectively, this system is specifically designed to pad up SR representation of every Hero, even the ones that do really badly at high levels of play. That's why I'm skeptical of Gomipile's definition of 'viable'. Not because I don't agree with the sentiment (that you ought to be able to maintain a high SR with your favorite Hero, if you're dedicated and demonstrate skill), but because Blizzard has effectively put their thumb on the scale. In effect, you're not competing against other players, you're competing against other players who play your main.
I don't mind if they have to get rid of the statistics based SR gain/loss adjustment system. Maybe once it's gone, they can pick a number of heroes everyone with a "low powered" or situational main is expected to be competent with and balance around that.

So, say, if they expect the most situational hero's main to be competent with 3 total heroes for flex reasons, they should make sure that the most situational or worst heroes are useful in at least 1/3 of all possible rounds on the maps in competitive. That way, with the hypothetical n=3, a player can maintain their main with the most hours played in the list of 3 heroes that they play in a given season while being useful in every round of every match.