View Single Post

Thread: need a god awfully cheesy build

1. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: need a god awfully cheesy build

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I mean, if you want more domains, I'm pretty sure there are cleric prestige classes you can qualify for that. Does Contemplative actually hate on evil clerics? That's one of 3.5's prcs I recall off hand that I think gives a bonus domain. If you can figure out some way to steal Blood Money off the arcane list in pathfinder and staple it to your cleric, that should let you cover animate costs super easily, because you can heal the strength damage with lesser restoration for free. As long as you have enough strength to cover the cost, you're golden (you can also use this for other spells with a material components cost, like Forbiddance, Raise Dead, and so on, but it starts at 1 str damage and a little hp damage to cover up to 500 gp material components cost, then +1 str damage per 500 gp more covered).

So, you know, raise dead costs a Lot now (something like 5k, instead of the 500 it cost in ye olde days), so that's 10 str with Blood money, 20 if you're going to kick out a resurrection later for 10k. Meanwhile, on the animating side of things, create undead might be a little more useful since you can swing the materials cost regularly and may not have to care so much if your created undead get busted.

since you're a cleric, the corpse crafter feats aren't redundant for you (as the first one becomes for dread necromancer by the time they can cast animate dead). If you're a 3.5 cleric, you have turn undead uses that can be used to fuel divine meta magic, which you might be able to argue a pathfinder cleric and use channel for...but evil channel is a pretty effective offensive weapon against normies and their positive energy based living and breathing thing they got going on. So that's might be kind of a painful cost for a PF cleric to pay when it's an easy payoff for a 3.5 cleric.

have you considered animating a pet cemetary, then awakening the undead cats, and training them to use maneuvers and take class levels as sword sages or rogues? With 3.5, I think they might qualify for swarm fighting, which means they could be stacked into a single square without penalty and then you could flank for them to let them get out a pile of attacks as they crit fish and sneak attack your enemies to death, possibly with cat sized short swords.
    OMG I love this this reeks of blue cheeze. that is just mean.
    though I did give up on the extra domain as I was thinking of cleric witch mystic theurge
    Last edited by Athear; 2017-07-16 at 04:01 AM.