Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Dahl View Post
7 months.

That seems a little early for a romantic relationship. Usually the 7 month mark is a time of increased physical intimacy (usually there's a steady decline after the 3rd year).

So basically you value her as a friend but just aren't that attracted to her?

Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
...My ex just broke up with his new girlfriend (and made a point of specifically telling me about it). I don't know what to do....

Hoo boy... um, being romantically "in-love" (distinct from loving) is a kind of wonderful or terrible madness, not unlike being intoxicated, and something to be enjoyed for what it is, but also wary for what it is and is not.

From your description it doesn't sound like you're that compatible as life partners (I wish I could think of a better term).

From what you've described, I would have a very hard time trusting or feeling comfortable with him again.

IIRC, young in-love is much stronger than after you've developed more calluses on your heart, and the object of your affection is much more "under your skin". As a guess you and he are under 25 years old (brains/minds are still in flux)?

If that's the case, I wouldn't guess either of you is ready for a long term relationship (FWIW I was 21 when I met my future wife, but I'd already had my "heartbroken" before then).

I would definitely advise not rushing into his arms, and if you do get back together make the terms clear.