So I've reached Act II. I've swapped out Ground Smash for Sunder, tacked on both Add Fire Damage Support and Life On Hit support gems to it. This is... mana-intensive for my mostly physical build, but I have a good mana potion. I also have Leap Smash for mobility and utility. I'm about two passive skill points away from my first goal, Resolute Technique. Once I do that, I think I'll make a beeline for Blood Magic, it just seems too useful to me to not do.

I got semi-lucky with my weapon. It's only a blue, but it rolled extra fire damage and life per hit, so I'm certainly not going to complain. Also not complaining about the three linked red slots, which is where my Sunder + Fire Damage + Life On Hit combo is located. It'll be tough to upgrade out of that.

Unfortunately, many of my armor slots still are catch-as-catch-can, and very sub-optimal, but it is what it is.

I'm still low on Scrolls of Wisdom, but I suppose that's my play style as much as anything. I've gotten some interesting materials. Found a beastie encased in ice. Killed it, got something that will guarantee a rare with life steal on it... VERY nice, but I think I'm going to save that for much later on a weapon worth using it on.

My only problem is the lag, particular during the Siren boss fight, it was lagging all over the place. This is... not okay. D3 doesn't lag like this, not sure why this game does. I've got all the graphics on minimum settings, with a video card FAR more powerful than I should need. I'm betting it is some WINE configuration somewhere that needs to be tweaked, so I shall be consulting with my fellow Penguins to see if I can solve it.